Thursday 23 May 2013

Restaurant Chilla Cup

Yesterday my department decided to go to Mines Shopping Mall, which is nearby Mines Wellness Hotel and Palace of the Golden Horses. Now I must say that most of my colleagues have a taste for the more expensive things in life so we decided to drop by a restaurant called 'Chilla Cup', or what my boss calls it, 'celaka' xD (meaning 'cursed' or 'infernal' in Malay or Indonesian).

Now the restaurant had a nice concept, and it's self service to order at the counter. As I was on err, a very restricted diet (because of the stomach ache), I cannot take stuff with iron, milk or antacids. Chicken contains iron, as well as beef and lamb and beans and bean curd and others, so it's kinda hard to choose. After a loooooooong contemplation, I decided to go with a Continental Breakfast, which thankfully was served throughout the day.

Now the good thing is that I can choose the stuff I want as they have like a mix and match system for my dish. Which is good because I can only eat certain things. I went with a set of 5 options, and had 2x hash browns, 2x omelettes and x1 sauteed mushrooms. Seems legit.

Looks awesome? Tastes good.


What lovely presentation. Well, I mean better than simply slapping all of the hash browns on the plate, they actually stacked it up neatly. Why look, combined with the bread, it looks like a smiley face! :>

Yes my mistake but sauteed mushies are supposed to be salty... and I just ate them on its own. X_X What, I don't have any other choice did I? I basically ate everything separately, though one of my colleagues stacked his meal into a burger and uh... gorged it down.

Overall the food was quite ok. Everything was acceptable including the infamous oily hash browns which are not overly oily like some restaurants serve them. OH. AND DID I MENTION THEY HAVE MAPLE SYRUP? Yea that's my fav so I kinda dipped my bread and even omelette into it. Tastes excellente~

By the way R.I.P to one piece of bread that flew over the table halfway to my boss. Was trying to cut it but I guess it refuses to be eaten :(

No comments:

Post a Comment