Saturday 8 June 2013

Restaurant Sakura Kristal

Now who the hell used such a gentle flower on a totally hard word, especially starting with "K" of all letters, to name a restaurant? Such foolishness I tell you, blasphemy! If it's Crystal I wouldn't mind but please, this name is damn icky. Such an 'unsmooth' restaurant name. Well, hope the food is good, right? :)

Now me and my department went to this restaurant which newly opened in Mines Shopping Mall. Probably landmarks around here are... Palace of the Golden Horses, Mines Wellness Hotel, Besraya Toll? Lol. I'll use those more frequently to let people get familiar with this place if they ever wanna come here.

Now let's go straight to the point. It was Tuesday and their set menu was drink, 2 fried dumplings, and a dish of the day. I chose Beef Fried Rice. Looks like a nice dish! Right? RIGHT?


Well they call it beef fried rice but you can't really see any beef in it. Just microscopic cubes that even bacteria find it hard to detect (ok, too exaggerated but yea xD). That 'black sauce' is misleading because it's actually black pepper. OK. So, does this mean it's BLACK PEPPER Fried Rice instead of BEEF Fried Rice? Well, I personally think so. They probably think cows poop black pepper seeds and think the poop is associated with beef since it came from a cow. =P

At any rate, the dish was... hmmm, interesting. The taste is acceptable, and if you're a black pepper lover you'll surely love this. But for the portion... Let's just say it'll fit you if you're on diet ;)

But still, it's good. But fail. And good at the same time. GAH. I'll have to explain I guess:

Rating:
Dish naming: FHAIL WHALE
Taste: 60% pass if you wanna eat beef but don't mind getting black pepper instead of beef.
Portion: So-so


P.S: The tomato and cucumber was lovely. Made a great couple.



On a side note! I came across this xD



The Oatmeal strikes again lol.




Adieu~!

No comments:

Post a Comment